Thursday, November 18, 2010

First snow run

Yesterday was the first time that I've ran outside in the snow.  Last winter is when I really started running but I just picked it up in the gym where I was lifting since it was in between work and home.  The temperature was about 30 degrees and being my first run at that temp I wasn't exactly sure what to wear.  I ended up wearing under armor compression cold gear top and bottom, an under armor loose fit heat gear top, under armor heat gear short, a Burton beanie and my vibram five fingers KSO.

I found during my run that people who are out running and biking when its colder out generally are nicer.  Everyone that I met on the bike path waved and said hi to me.  Running in the vibram five fingers in the snow made my toes cold but the rest of my body was a good temperature and I started sweating at the end.  I ended up running 2.54 miles in 20 minutes which is only .02 miles farther then last time but I'm still trying to adapt to my vibram five fingers.  All in all I had a good run and am going to try and stay off of a treadmill as much as possible this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment