Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Training

Last week I ran three days and biked three days.  All three runs were inside on a treadmill and two of the three runs were on a stationary bike.  The one bike I did out side was a 21 mile loop that took 1 hour and 30 minutes on.  At the end of summer before I took a little break and decided that I wanted to start training, in hopes of racing next summer, I completed the same route averaging 17 miles per hour.  This time out I averaged just over 15 miles per hour.  So I have experienced a slight decrease in my ability but I am hoping that I can improve throughout the rest of the winter.  I am also looking at buying an indoor trainer.  The one that I am currently looking at is the kurt kinetic rock n roll trainer.  The only problem is that I've heard that the unit is that the rock is strange when sitting but is nice when standing.  I also accepted a job offer for an associate technical engineering position in Casper, WY and will be starting there January 10, 2011.  I am waiting to hear back from then on the times that I will be working but it might be harder to train the way I am hoping to this winter, but it might give me more time to race next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment